Frequently asked questions

Please, if you have any other questions that haven't been answered on this page, contact us and we'll be glad to assist you.


Why are my rates going up?

Your rates are going up because there is an increased cost on construction materials used to build your home. There have also been an increase in storms in the Midwest Region and cross the country. Every one's rates are affected so please don't feel like this is only happening to you. Please look at Traveler's website for more details about rebuilding cost. NOAA website shows dots of where storms have been throughout the country.


What is ACV (Actual Cash Value)?


In property and auto physical damage insurance, one of several possible methods of establishing the value of insured property to determine the amount the insurer will pay in the event of loss. ACV is typically calculated one of three ways: (1) the cost to repair or replace the damaged property, minus depreciation; (2) the damaged property's "fair market value"; or (3) using the "broad evidence rule," which calls for considering all relevant evidence of the value of the damaged property.​


What is (RC) replacement cost? 


A property insurance term that refers to one of the two valuation methods for establishing the value of most of the insured property for purposes of determining the amount the insurer will pay in the event of loss. It is usually defined in the policy as the cost to replace the damaged property with materials of like kind and quality, without any deduction for depreciation. 


What is the difference between Sump pump overflow and Flood coverage?

A provision found in nearly all property insurance policies (even in all risks policies) eliminating coverage for damage by flood. May also eliminate coverage for other types of water damage, such as seepage and sewer backup. Flood coverage can sometimes be provided by endorsement. If not, a separate flood insurance policy may be available from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). 


What is Schedule Personal Property?

Also known as Personal Property floater. A personal lines inland marine policy that is used to cover scheduled personal property on an all risks basis. The policy is particularly appropriate for property that receives limited coverage under the homeowners forms, such as furs, jewelry, fine arts, silverware, cameras, musical instruments, stamp and coin collections, and similar property.


How can I pay my bill after hours?

You are able to pay your bill online or you are able to call their phone number to make the payments.

The phone numbers are as followes:


Allied 1-800-532-1436

Badger Mutual 1-800-837-7833

Foremost 1-800-527-3905

Founders 1-800-972-8778 

Guideone 1-800-448-4331

Hartford 1-800-417-7982

Mercury 1-847-416-4300

Progressive 1-877-776-2436

Standard Mutual 1-800-252-8927

Stonegate 1-773-458-1055

Travelers 1-877-878-2468